- Stand on a piece of paper. This is best done on a hard surface such as floor boards or tiles (not carpet).
- The very back edge of your heel should be directly in line with the very back edge of the paper. Please be as accurate as possible.
- Mark the very back edge of the paper in the middle of the heel.
- Mark the very front of the big toe with a pen on the paper.
- Measure the distance between the two points in centimetres to the nearest millimetre. The line you end up measuring will be slightly diagonal.
Note: in the circumstances that your 2nd toe is substantially bigger than your big toe, then measure to your second toe. If you have one foot bigger than the other, then measure your biggest foot.